“I Love to Sew” Club is one of our favorite activities at Twin Falls Sewing Center. We have the most wonderful group of sewists that gather at our monthly meetings. The club is for all sewists; whether you love quilting, apparel, home decor, or are just starting out. “I Love to Sew Club” is a fantastic opportunity to learn about new techniques, new notions, etc. all while having a great time connecting with other local sewists.
We recently made a few changes within the club, please mark your calendars, as meetings will now take place on the Third Saturday of each month from 10:00am to 12:00pm (noon). This will be starting with the September 17, 2016 meeting. **the store will be open at 9:30 am on Sew Club Saturdays, so you will be able to get in and find a chair.**
The club invites a person to present a “lecture demo” program. Many wonderful techniques and ideas have been learned during the presentations. You are invited to bring a “sew and tell” item to show at the meeting. We also have door prize drawings in each meeting.
Sew Club members have many benefits which include:
• Monthly meetings where you learn new techniques and gain ideas for using your sewing machine or serger.
• Discounts on products and orders at club meetings.
• Advanced notice on new classes, seminars, etc. via our website: tfsewing.com and/or constant contact (email newsletter).
• Coupon card for one small spool of Gutermann thread.
• 15% discount on notions to sewing club members always
• Door prizes at club meetings (for members only).
• $50 Gift Certificate drawing twice a year
• Monthly “Sew & Sew” news. You will receive it even if you don’t attend. Be updated on the latest information via constant contact (email newsletter)
• Members only Facebook group
• All for a nominal year membership fee of $50.
“I Love to Sew” Club 2016/2017 Schedule
September 17, 2016– Baby Lock & Bernina Revue, “Notions Commontion” by Laura, Marian, & Glenda
October 15, 2016– Guatemala Humanitarian Mission by Missy Wignall
November 19, 2016– “Barn” Quilt Project by Pat Dailey
December 8, 2016– Christmas Party
January 21, 2017– Mixed Media in Quilting and Sewing by Carmen Sidlaruk
February 18, 2017– Embroidery Tips & Tricks by Laura Willis
March 18, 2017– Celebrating National Quilt Month with Jane Slickers
April 15, 2017– “Do You Have the Urge to Serge?”
May 20, 2017– “Quilting as you go!” by Billie Kay
June 17, 2017– Q &A, Tips & Techniques
July 15, 2017– TBA by Sue Lapresa
August 10, 2017– Summer Party at the Senior Citizens Center
Fee for the year is $50. You may attend Sew Club without membership or benefits for $7 per meeting. Everyone is invited to the Christmas Party and Summer Party.
See Class Schedule for any additional details.